James manages programs and services offered at the Libraries' DME lab. He is responsible for the DME’s technology infrastructure, workshop offerings, lab projects, and for supervising lab staff. As a lifelong maker, James is passionate about connecting library patrons to amazing technology and support.
Learn to Solder In-Person
This beginner-level workshop will teach you the basics of how to solder a simple printed circuit board custom designed at the DME.
What You'll Learn in this Workshop:
- Place components (e.g., LED's, integrated circuits,...).
- Solder component using through-hole techniques.
- Safely operate soldeing equipment and materials.
- Use a multimeter to test your boards' connections.
- Power up your board using a benchtop power supply and/or USB port.
All workshop attendees will leave the Lab with their very own lightboard (powered via USB-A port).
What You Need to Prepare:
All tools and supplies will be provided to attendees and no cost.