Sewing Machine Basics In-Person
Have you ever wanted to learn how to sew, but were unsure of where to start? In this hour-long workshop, you'll learn the basics of sewing by creating a coffee cup / bubble tea carrier sling. From patterns, to stitching, to ironing on a digital design cut on the DME's Cricut, we have your beginner level sewing needs covered in this no-cost workshop.
Faciltated by TMU Libraries Digital Media Experience staff, workshop attendees will learn how to operate a Janome SUV-1222 sewing machine to stitch basic fabric types. After completing the workshop, learners will:
- Understand how the internal components inside a sewing machine work to stitch fabric.
- Be able to thread the sewing machine needle and bobbin.
- Select stitch types.
- Specify stitch lengths
- Determine when to adjust tension from default levels for various fabric types
- Operate back stitching functions
- Safely replace sewing machine needles.